Retail Sales Assistant (FT)
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for driving sales through engaging with customers, answering sales enquiries, ensuring the shop floor and displays are kept at their best at all times and ensuring there is a welcoming and friendly atmosphere in the store.
They will also be responsible for various support and administrative tasks outlined below. They will have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and an enthusiastic appreciation for good design. They will understand and be passionate about our company ethos and products and will have at least two years sales experience in high end design retail.
- Meeting daily sales targets.
- Providing customers with a well-informed, polite, friendly and high quality service.
- Managing POS processes, wrapping and bagging goods for customers
- Offering customers assistance with enquiries via telephone, email and in-store.
- Opening up in the morning and closing up in the evening including cashing up.
- Ensuring the shop floor and displays are kept at their best at all times and always well
stocked and replenished.
- Ensuring all stock is correctly labelled.
- Receiving and processing incoming deliveries.
- Processing and fulfilling online orders.
- Ensuring accurate communication between fellow staff members of ongoing orders and/or
- Assisting with stock taking and updating our stock management system when necessary.
- Dealing with any customer or store issues that may crop up.
- Responsible for security within the store
- Assist the café team, management and office team when required.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Act as a brand ambassador for Barn in your behaviour and outlook at all times.
- Maintain the store appearance at all times
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum two years’ experience in retail
- Background in children's retail, childcare or in the design industry is desirable but not essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (Adobe Suite - Photoshop, InDesign would be an advantage)
- Must be able to work 28 - 33 hours per week based on a 5 over 7 day working week
- Must be available to work both weekdays as well as weekends
What We Offer
Our employees are our most valued asset. Your personal and professional development is important to us, and you can expect challenging work responsibilities and the opportunity to grow with our team. More important than this are the pleasant working conditions as part of a fantastic team of 5 (and a wider team of 30 including our Industry & Co. team!)
Please send your CV and a cover letter telling us why you are a perfect fit for this job to email@example.com, good luck!